Sunday, September 19, 2010
Pats lose first division game after poor second half
The Patriots lead 14-10 at halftime today against the Jets and the lead should have been more as kicker Stephen Gostkowski missed his third field goal of the season after he originally made the kick before a delay of game penalty. Nothing went right for the Pats after Randy Moss' one-handed grab at the end of the first half to take the lead. The offense had under 80 yards of total net offense and the defense could not do much right at all. Darius Butler was picked on all afternoon and responded by being in position only to not make the play or commit a penalty. Brady got outplayed by dirty Sanchez and the second half was just ugly for the Pats. Here are some winners/losers from the game today.
1. Aaron Hernandez- the former Gator had over 100 yards receiving with multiple big plays to give the offense a spark
2. The pass rush- this was a area of concern but the unit had three sacks(two by Gerard Warren)
1. Darius Butler- picked on all day long in the secondary as explained above
2. Tom Brady- should be suicidal after being outplayed by a Mexican
3. Stephen Gostkowski- kicker is now 1/4 on the young season not exactly building up the confidence for clutch games.
4. Randy Moss- Brady was forcing him the ball all day and besides the fantastic touchdown grab he did nothing.