Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Parker Milner: Moms name: Cheri (dad is chris if you go that way). He does have sisters too but according to BC website they are younger than him so I will not name. So just remember if you hear us at the game yelling out Cheri, join in cause she sucks too, if catch my drift...
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
1. You call yourself Boston College yet you aren't a college or in Boston- Save the crap where Conte technically falls on the last corner of Boston. It takes you over an hour to get to the state house or the north end. You are just a bunch of losers going to school in Newton with a bunch of rich fucks.
2. We beat them 5-0 in November- Suck my nuts. We embarrassed you on national TV and are going to do it again Friday. That was all without Garrett Noonan. Now we got him at 100% and you don't stand a chance. Sucks to suck.
3. All BC students think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread- This is why I hated BC even before I came to BU. Memo to BC students- just because you take religion classes and tell yourself that you are so cool does not make you any better than anyone you arrogant pieces of shit.
5. Parker Milner is a sieve- Guy gives up more rebounds and soft goals than any goalie I have ever seen. Swiss cheese anyone?
6. BC fans are all pink hat frauds- For a school that pretends that sports are such a big part of the student life, they really have poor attendance unless the game is a rival or on television. It is easy to show up when the team is good. The true fans show up when the going gets tough. These kids are all sitting in some shitty Newton bar like "OMG today in religion class, the priest said we were the best because we were taking religion classes". Yeah how is that religion class going to help you get a job or perform it well? Just curious. I'm all for church on sunday if that's what you want to do but don't force every student to take it.
7. Bald eagles almost went extinct- Yeah such a good mascot. Eagles is just so original too. Fucking uncreative idiots.
8. Their AD is full retard- C'mon man you never go full retard. Just fire Spaz already and maybe you will be relevant again someday.
9. Tommy and Cam Atkinson beat up innocent bikers- See, you certainly didn't reflect upon your religion classes before you beat the piss out of this kid.
10. BC takes up a valuable spot in the Beanpot- BC has as much right to play in the Beanpot as Alaska -Anchorage. Fuck these losers.
That's all I got for now. Stay tuned for the transcript on that Garrett Noonan interview.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
BU won the 3rd installment of Red Hot Hockey at Madison Square Garden between BU and Cornell(ECAC). BU had won the first game in 2007 6-3 and then skated to a 3-3 tie in 2009. Last night, the game again went to overtime after an exciting 60 minutes of hockey. The game ended on a Ross Gaudet goal on a tip off a Max NiCastro slapper to give BU the 2-1 win. The win did not go without a disputed call, as Cornell believed that it had scored the go ahead goal on a fluke play where the puck went wide of the net and bounced back up and off goalie Kieran Millan's shoulder and into the net. The play was called no goal as the ref apparently blew the play dead as the puck hit some netting above the glass and that call stood after a review. From what I have heard, it was a pretty cut and dry call and the right one. Cornell coach Mike Schafer,however, disagreed after the game saying " If it sounds like sour grapes, it is. As a player, you don't get many chances (to win RHH)...that opportunity is gone and they were pretty disappointed with the result". Schafer went on to say that "There was no whistle. Everyone in the rink could hear there was no whistle." Yeah bud, the refs just made up the call to do Parker a favor because he always speaks so highly of them. It is just the typical Ivy league attitude that if they lose at anything, it is because they got robbed and not just because they lost the game. Cornell played well throughout the game and maybe didn't deserve to lose but they did and their coach did them no favors by complaining about it after. Go do some calculus you losers and continue to play in your weak EZAC conference.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
This Saturday, the 3rd bi-annual Red Hot Hockey will take place at Madison Square Garden. #17 Cornell Big Red (6-2-0) take on our #15 Boston University Terriers(6-4-1). BU is 1-0-1 in the biannual event winning it 2007 and tying 3-3 in the last meeting in 2009. Cornell comes in on top of the EZAC and off a win last night against Niagra. Cornell goalie Andy Iles has pitched 3 straight shutouts, granted they were against Quinnipiac, Niagra and Princeton but it is still an impressive streak that has improved his numbers to .918 and 2.00 GAA. This team should provide a stiff test for BU who has won 3 in a row with starting goalie Kieran Millan only allowing 1 goal in his last two starts against BC and UNH. Rumor also has it that the Stanley Cup will be in the building and there are still cheap tickets available. Stay tuned for some good stuff in the next week and a half leading up to BC next weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Also receiving votes were UMass-Lowell, UNH , and Providence.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
1. Feliz Miguel (21-5-3)
2. George Washington (17-9-3)
3. Raymundo (16-10-3)
4. QuackQuack (14-12-3)
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
So the Presidents Cup is coming up for golf and the USA is 6-1-1 (its too dark to play in South Africa bs). Before every Presidents Cup I feel we always have the edge. This year I dont. USA golf is not the same it,used to be. USA golfers have been playing 2nd fittle to those snubby Euros. I expect close matches throughout. This is the golf course that the USA has its only lost in this competition. I forsee a close L by USA. Tiger SUCKS know has nothing to do with this.
In other news, SI recent magazine issue ranked BU mens basketball favorites in America East stating "back-to-back NCAA trips for Terriers for 1st time as PF Jake O'Brien returns from broken foot to complement guard Darryl Partin."also SI cited the fact there are 4 returning starters. Got to say, am intrigued.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- I wish the man who orchestrated nothing less than my favorite sports memory (yes, including the hockey championship) at BU all the best at what's left of Penn State after the rioting. I just hope the Bryce Jordan Center is left intact because he truly is an exciting, dynamic coach who deserves a shot at building a power-conference program. I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of hiring Joe Jones to replace him at first. An 86-108 record at Columbia is quite an eyesore and his last gig was as a Steve Donahue assistant at BC. That being said, he has seemed to be keeping up with Chambers' strides on the recruiting trail and by all accounts is also an energetic character. Color me cautiously optimistic on this hire. The last 'Nova assistant we hired worked out okay in the end.
- This was a much bigger blow to the team's chances this year than perhaps the loss of Chambers. With John Holland leaving, Jake O'Brien was expected to be the one to take over as leader of the Terriers on the court. This will not come to pass, unfortunately, as he will miss the entire season due to complications from that injury suffered against the UMass on last New Year's Eve. His was a huge absence last year that will be even more pronounced without John Holland. Which brings us to...
- In very Greg Jennings-esque manner, John Holland put the Terrier basketball team on his back and basically beat Stony Brook singlehandedly in the AE Championship game last March. That was a good thing. A bad thing is when that aforementioned star exhausts his eligibility. Players like Darryl Partin and defensive ace Pat Hazel must step up in a big way this year and underclassmen like D.J. Irving and Dom Morris must make significant strides to compensate for losing the conference's best player.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
First, I would like to thank all the readers as we had our best day ever today without blogging a single word which is pretty impressive. We were honored to be apart of Ice is Life's "This Week in Disrespect" and will continue to disrespect them along with the rest of Hockey East. Now back to the important issues in life...like this weekend's with two top teams in BC and Merrihack.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Well that is a night all BU fans would want to forget and I am sure some have due to the immense amount of alcohol that was consumed afterwards. This type of game could be referred to as laying an egg, just sucking, etc. Let's just hope this is the lowpoint of BU hockey for the next 10-15 years. If you want to read about the actual game, a 7-1 BU loss at Umass-Lowell, follow the link because I was there and I honestly just want to forget about it. These are the nights I am glad that I am not a journalist because being forced to cover a game like that must be painful. To all the people who think Parker should step down, shut up. It is early November and the team has a chance to right the ship and fix what is wrong with the mentality of this team. They need to figure it out with two top 10 teams coming up this weekend with Merrimack at home Friday night and traveling to #1 BC on Sunday. There should be no shortage of motivation for this team but you never know which team will show and there lies the problem. I remain optimistic that it will get turned around and this is a NCAA team but this weekend is huge toward indicating that. That is all I got so excuse while I go vomit somewhere.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Standings After Week 1:
FM - 8-1-1
Ray - 8-1-1
QQ - 7-2-1
GW - 6-3-1
Luckily, the Hockey East season is a long one and I'm banking on the fact that FM is a BU and UNH homer, which hopefully will come back to bite him. Anyways, here's our picks for this weekend:
Friday, November 4
Maine @ BC
GW - BC 4 Maine 3
QQ - Maine 5 BC 4
FM - BC 4 Maine 3
Ray - BC 4 Maine 2
Northeastern @ Merrimack
GW - Merrimack 3 Northeastern 1
QQ - Merrimack 4 Northeastern 2
FM - Merrimack 4 Northeastern 1
Ray - Northeastern 3 Merrimack 1
UMass @ UNH
GW - UNH 3 UMass 2
QQ - UNH 5 UMass 3
FM - UNH 4 UMass 2
Ray - UNH 3 UMass 0
Vermont @ Providence
GW - PC 4 Vermont 2
QQ - PC 4 Vermont 3
FM - PC 3 Vermont 1
Ray - Vermont 2 PC 2
Saturday, November 5
BC @ UMass
GW - BC 5 UMass 2
QQ - BC 12 UMass 3
FM - BC 5 UMass 2
Ray - BC 5 UMass 3
BU @ UMass Lowell
GW - BU 4 UML 2
QQ - BU 4 UML 2
FM - BU 4 UML 2
Ray - BU 4 UML 1
Merrimack @ Northeastern
GW - Merrimack 5 Northeastern 4
QQ - Northeastern 4 Merrimack 3
FM - Merrimack 4 Northeastern 3
Ray - Merrimack 2 Northeastern 1
Maine @ UNH
GW - Maine 4 UNH 2
QQ - Maine 5 UNH 4
FM - UNH 5 Maine 4
Ray - UNH 4 Maine 2
Vermont @ PC
GW - PC 3 Vermont 2
QQ - Vermont 3 PC 2
FM - PC 4 Vermont 3
Ray- Vermont 3 PC 2
And yes, you read that right - Quackquack picked BC to win 12 to 3 on Saturday...
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
*The following post could be considered offensive by some people
After a hard fought 3 point weekend against UMass - Amherst this past weekend, your Terriers face another branch of the UMass system this weekend. That's right, BU will travel up to everybody's favorite mill town turned heroin dealing hotspot on Saturday for a one night stand with the River Hawks. Here's what to look for on this post-Halloween weekend...
WE'RE GOING STREAKING
BU's own Matt Nieto is currently in the midst of a potentially historical streak. Dating back to last season's Hockey East quarterfinals against Northeastern, Nieto has scored in 8 straight games. 8. To put that into perspective, the current NCAA points leader hasn't even recorded a point in his last 8 games, never mind a goal. If he can score on Saturday, he'll tie Chris Drury's best streak of 9 straight games with goals. Let's see if Matt can even hit double digits...
How's the Weather Down There?
Once again, UMass-Lowell finds themselves in the cellar of Hockey East. Having already dropped their first two in conference games (albeit both to BC), Lowell looks to be on a one way ticket right back to the bottom of Hockey East. And to those Lowell fans who think that the future is bright, let me just remind you guys that you won 4 Hockey East games last year. 4. Good luck climbing out of that hole.
They Give You the Pads for a Reason...
In 5 overall games this season, UML goalies have allowed 16 goals this season, a number which wouldn't be that bad if they had scored more than 15 of their own goals. If you aren't going to blow the doors off offensively, you gotta stop the puck from going in the net - and the revolving door of goalies which UML employs have not been able to do that. In 5 tilts, they've allowed 16 goals, good for a 3.19 goals against average, and a .863 save percentage. Yikes. Hey guys, just a tip - try using the blocker once in a while.
Stay tuned to the blog for our Hockey East picks in the next few days!