Monday, November 29, 2010

Colby Cohen coming back to Boston


The Bruins have just completed a trade with the Colorado Avalanche to deal defenseman Matt Hunwick to the Colorado Avalanche for defenseman and former BU Terrier Colby Cohen. The deal clears about 1.4 million dollars in cap space and makes room for Marc Savard's return in the coming days.

Colby Cohen was quoted: "I was praying," he said. "I had a few cities in mind, but I was praying it wasn't Edmonton, and when he said Boston, I was like, 'Wow, this couldn't be any better.'

"I'm sort of lost for words right now because there's not a better place," he said. "I never realized how much I loved it before I left, and I miss Boston in the worst way."

It was tough for the Bruins to let Hunwick go as he was a Bruins draft pick out of the University of Michigan in 2004 and was developed as a Bruin which makes this move tough for both sides. Hunwick is expected to be in Colorado's lineup upon arrival and could affect the ice time of former BU Terrier Kevin Shattenkirk who has been lighting it up out there the last couple games.

Cohen was assigned to the AHL affiliate Providence Bruins leaving the Bruins with a six man defensive rotation for the time being.

1 comment: