Friday, January 21, 2011

Is It Bad That I'm Predicting a BU Loss?

What you don't see is Parker putting a knife in York's back...

Look, don't shoot me for this. I'm George Washington, I have to tell the truth, remember? Or was that Abe Lincoln...whatever. Point is, I don't see any way BU pulls out a victory tonight against BC. Coming off a lackluster 3-2 loss to Merrimack that was kept close solely thanks to Kieran Millan, I have rather little faith in this game. Sure, they pulled out a bad win over lowly Vermont and beat up on even lowlier Harvard, but those are the games you are supposed to win. The game against Merrimack was one in which our Terriers could have let the rest of Hockey East know they aren't kidding around this semester, that they will be a team to be reckoned with come March. Instead, they really only challenged the Mack for the last twenty minutes and got trucked over in the first 40. Had it not been for a stellar effort from Kieran, that game could have easily been a 5-2 or 6-2 loss. Not exactly the type of stuff that inspires confidence to a team and its fan base ( or as the BC fans like to say, "fan boys").

BC is coming into this game off of a 4-1 loss to Maine last Sunday. If you'll recall, prior to the last set of BU-BC games BC dropped a contest to Merrimack (which they followed up with a murdering of VT, but that game hardly counts). And I think we all remember the punishment they laid down on us that following weekend. BC also hasn't lost back to back games all season, and the closest they even came to that was a close 3-2 victory over Merrimack following  2-1 loss to Notre Dame back in October. If recent history is any indication, we are quite literally screwed tonight.

So what do I think is going to happen when the puck drops at 7:30 later today? I think (or hope, at least) that BU is embarrassed by the last meeting against these guys and come out flying. However, BC will be able to weather the storm and any early goal BU may put up and comes back to win 4 or 5-2. I will admit that there is a chance BC plays kind of flat and we take advantage of their mistakes, but it's probably a small chance. In that instance, we probably end in like a 3-3 tie or something. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here, I'm just calling it like I see it...

That being said, GO BU!

No comments:

Post a Comment