Thursday, February 17, 2011

America BEasts: Vermont, Binghamton Lay Waste To Foes

Two blowouts that I really did not see coming took place in AE action tonight. First, the one that surprised me more was to see Binghamton absolutely annihilate UHart in Hartford tonight by a score of 77-47. With wins over BU and Maine, as well as on the road at Binghamton, I really didn't see Hartford having much of a hard time tonight. Clearly I was incorrect as this game was more or less decided by halftime with the Bearcats shooting 55% from the floor and 62% from behind the arc. Having four players score over 12 point just proved too much for the Hawks on a night when they just couldn't buy a basket. With a solid defensive effort though, I see UHart as a potential spoiler for a careless favorite in the AE first round.

Although I expected the Vermont win against Maine, I thought we'd see a much closer game there in Orono. Instead the Cats pulled out to a 16 point lead over the course of the second half and coast on down to a victory. Evan Fjeld and Brendan Bald combined for 36 to lead their team to victory and further establish themselves as the team to beat this year in the AE. It's hard to beat a team shooting 60% when you only are making 41%. At this point I'd just say stick a fork in the Black Bears, because they are done. This is good news for Terriers fans as it more or less locks up the 2 seed in the conference tourney for our Dogs.

Next stop Bracketbusters: Preview to come later this week! Blogger out.

AE 2011 Predictions Record: 2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment