Wednesday, October 19, 2011
BU rises another spot in polls, BC falls from #1
Despite last Friday's loss to Providence, the BU mens ice hockey team rose a spot to #7 in the latest USCHO poll, due in large part to a victory over #3 Denver on Saturday. The polls mean nothing, especially this early in the season but it is good to see that the Terriers are respected nationally as a top 10 team which I believe they really are. The Terriers look to hold pace with only one game this weekend at Atlantic Hockey powerhouse Holy Cross...well Atlantic Hockey contender Holy Cross. Here is the rest of the top 10 and significant others
1. Michigan(+3) 4-0 and just destroying whoever they play even without defenseman Jon Merril
2. BC(-1)- The loss to Denver bumps them down a spot but they still remain one of the top teams in the country and I still hate them. That is all
3. Denver- Took care of business perfectly for us last weekend, winning down in Newton and losing in Boston
4. Colorado College(+3)
5. North Dakota(+1)- took 3 out of 4 points from Maine to make up for last year's sweep at the hands of the Black Bears
6. Notre Dame(-4)- Drop down four spots but they open their new rink Friday night so that should make highlight news whether they win or not
7. BU(+1)- Just gotta keep building off the Denver win and not overlook Holy Cross this weekend
8. Minnesota(+6)- The sweep of state rival Duluth certainly helps this young team gain some confidence
9. Yale(+1)- They still haven't played so I have no idea how they stay in the polls
10. Miami(-5)- They seem to be in for a down year without Miele and Campfer
13. Merrimack- Merrihack just sneaking out wins over Army and Maine so far. Northeastern should test them at Lawler Friday night.
18. Maine(-1)- Managed to take one point in North Dakota and get back to the HE schedule this weekend.
Others receiving votes : Providence- 69, UNH - 12, Lowell-12, Northeastern-3