The BU Terriers have an odd weekend in their schedule as they only have one game on the slate this weekend and it is an exhibition game. While I am sure all of the fans would prefer to have a game that counts this weekend, it is an opportunity for the team to continue to gel and generate chemistry and also a huge recruiting tool for the coaching staff. The USA U-18 team is full of the best prospects in the country including future Terriers Jordan Greenway and Charlie McAvoy. It will also be an opportunity for current Terriers Jack Eichel ,John Macleod, Matt Grzelcyk, and Matt Lane to play against their former program.
The most important part of the game is how the Terriers play as they need to continue to play well to carry their momentum from last weekend into a big weekend set with Michigan St and Michigan. That weekend is followed by a home and home with PC and a game at BC. Needless to say, the Terriers needs to keep dominating their opponents to keep the momentum going.
Prediction 7-2 BU
What to look for:
1. The health of Matt O'Connor- Chances are that he will be held out if any part of his injury from last week is lingering but if he plays, I would certainly consider him 100% for next weekend against Michigan St and Michigan
2. Any lineup changes- It will be interesting to see how Coach Quinn plays this game and going forward. His lineup from last week certainly produced with an 8 goal outburst and I wouldn't expect the top 6 to change going forward but it will be interesting if he tries out different line combinations for the bottom 6 forward positions. The third line put up 2 goals last week so I think it is a safe bet that that they would stay together moving forward as well. With this being said, anything could happen in an exhibiton game so he may play all the scratches from last week to get them some gametime.
3. Auston Matthews- Matthews is highly touted and being recruited by all of the big schools as well as the WHL. He is apparently 50/50 whether to go college or the major junior route. BU has been winning a majority of these recruiting battles the last 16 months so it will be interesting how this plays out and how Matthews performs in front of the BU crowd.
'97 C Auston Matthews of NTDP tells me he's 50/50 on college vs. WHL. Says he's talking to BC, BU, Denver, Michigan.
— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) October 16, 2014
Who to root for:
1. Jordan Greenway- The big left wing is bound for BU next fall
2. Charlie McAvoy- The skilled dman is also scheduled to be part of next year's freshman class
3. Auston Matthews- Matthews is one of if not the most sought after uncommitted player in the country. A good experience at Agganis certainly can't hurt Quinn's chance of landing him(Can I say that or is that a NCAA violation?)
Who to root against:
1. Jeremy Bracco- He is going to BC next fall unless he choose the CHL option which seems to be pretty popular choice among players who would have to face BU multiple times each season
2. Colin White- BC bound
3. Casey Fitzgerald- Another BC bound guy