Thursday, November 25, 2010
Pats silence Lions on Turkey Day 45-24
Tom Brady became the first QB to have a perfect passing rating in a game this season and the Pats bounced back from a sloppy first half to outscore the Lions 35-7 in the second half. Brady threw for 346 yards and 4 TDs including 2 to Deion Branch in the second half. BenJarvus Green-Ellis chipped in with 59 yards and 2 TDs of his own to make the defense respect the ground attack as well. The Lions jumped out to a 14-3 lead behind QB Shaun Hill(285 yards 1 TD, 2int) and Maurice Morris (55 yds and 2 TDS). The Pats worked their way back and took the lead for good on Branch's second TD this one 22 yards. The Pats just rolled from here as the rookie corner Devin McCourty picked off Shaun Hill twice and made some other great places. The Pats now have ten days off to prep for the New York Jets at Gillette on Monday December 6th. This game will be a showdown for the AFC East division lead with huge playoff implications. Here are the winners/losers for this week
1. Tom Brady- Perfect passer rating pretty much says it all
2. Deion Branch- 3 catches for 113 yards and 2 TDS including a 79 yarder
3. Wes Welker -8 receptions for 90 yards and 2 more TDs.
4. BenJarvus Green-Ellis -60 yards rushing and 2 TDs on some tough running is exactly what the doctor ordered to slow the pass rush down.
5. Devin McCourty- 2 picks for the rookie out of Rutgers that changed the tide of the game for the Pats' defense
1. The Lions- Now have lost seven straight on Thanksgiving and have not won a road game in over two years.
The Patriots also signed RB Danny Woodhead to a contract extension through the 2012 season which gives Woodhead some long term security after working on a one year deal after being claimed off waivers from the Jets.