Sunday, December 12, 2010
Pats run train on Da Bears...clinch playoff spot
The Pats owned the Bears 36-7 in a driving snow storm in Chicago at the historic Soldier Field. The Pats jumped out to a 33-0 lead in the first half and held on for a win to clinch a playoff spot and improve to 11-2 overall this year. Tom Brady threw for 369 yards and 2 TDs while BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 87 yards and the defense forced four turnovers to seal the win. This was another all around team effort as Wes Welker had over 100 yards receiving and Deion Branch contributed along with rookie tight end Rob Gronkowski. This was another team effort to give the Pats a two game lead for the number one overall seed in the AFC as they have a game on Pittsburgh and the tie-breaker due to their head-to-head win. Their win today along with the Jets 10-6 loss to Miami gives them a two game lead in the division with three to play. The Patriots will next play a strong Green Bay team coming into Foxboro next Sunday night. They did lose QB Aaron Rodgers today to a concussion to his status will be up in the air until he clears numerous tests by the doctors.
1. Tom Brady- 369 yards passing, 2 TDs and no picks is a pretty good game if it wasn't in a snowstorm.
2. Deion Branch- 8 catches for 151 yards and a TD right as the first half expired put the last nail in the Bears' coffin.
3. Shayne Graham- 3 for 3 on field goals in a blizzard is pretty damn good for a mid-season pick-up.
4. Wes Welker- Welker continues to grow back into his old form and had his first 100 yard game today.
5. Bill Belichick- Easily the best team in football right now. This team is clicking on all cylinders right now lead by the best coach in the game.
1. Da Bears- They looked ho ho rendus today!