Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Monday Polls posted on a Tuesday- BU stays #11, Grzelcyk wins HE Rookie of the Week
- photo credit to nhl.bruins.com
After BU's split with Merrimack and BC over the weekend, they stayed exactly where they were last week in the meaningless polls. They remain #11 in the USCHO poll with their 5-3 record going into another weekend with 2 HE foes on the schedule. BC remains #1 and UNH jumped up to #5 from #9. No one else in the league is ranked because the rest of Hockey East sucks so far this year. Literally every team from 4-9 are more or less even and Maine sucks worse than the rest. Here is my breakdown of the rest of the poll and HE weekly awards.
1. BC(50)- This is right where you want BC. Let them claim their national title in November and get their winning streak out of the way now. They will suck by March. One and done in the NCAAs here they come.
2. Denver- Going to be another tough test for BU when they travel out there in late December
3. Minnesota- Easily have the most talent in the nation, but the results aren't showing that thus far. They'll click eventually. They have a big winning streak in them.
5. UNH- Big test coming into Agganis on Sunday. BU needs to hold serve and beat them at home. I hate how all 6 games against BC and UNH are in the first semester but then again BU might not lose in the second semester because of that.
6. North Dakota- They still can't win on Saturdays...brutal
7. Union- They suck but atleast that idiot stopped voting for them
8. Notre Dame
9. Western Michigan- I stick my prediction of them in the Frozen Four
11. BU- Have been consistently ranked 10-12 this entire season. That will change if they take all 4 points this weekend.
13. Michigan- They have the talent but they are young and taking some time to find that consistency.
14. Colorado College
15. St. Cloud St
16. St. Lawrence
17. Harvard- BC- Harvard is going to be one hell of first round game in the Beanpot.
18. Nebraska Omaha
19. Northern Mich
20. Ferris St
Receiving votes: Lowell, PC, UMass, Merrimack, NU
The HE press release came out yesterday and it is pretty ugly looking. The one bright spot in the awards is the HE Rookie of the Week to Terrier Matt Grzelcyk. He also get Rookie of the Week from a Lowell blog which rare to say the least. The release names Wade Megan, Matt O'Connor, and Ahti Oksanen( aka Ohkie Dokie on this blog) as top performers for the week. They also were so kind to announce Oksanen's second career goal as his first. They correct this in the section below as they mentione Oksanen for his first career HE goal. It was also his first goal with a Finnish flag in the crowd. Grzelcyk is once again pointed out for his first career collegiate goal coming in Sunday's loss to BC.