BC may be completely healthy for the first time all year but they don't scare me. Writers are hyping them up for their recent "hot" streak while BU has "tailed off". BU hasn't lost a game since November but they have trailed off? Don't buy into the narrative. BU is top 2 in the league in both offense and defense. BC is not. BU has 3 players with more points than anyone else in the league. BC does not. BU has two goalies with over a .931 save percentage. BC has 0. BC fans will keep telling themselves that anything is possible in this rivalry game. Typically this is true. Not tonight. If this game is within 2 goals, its because of mistakes BU made not that BC played well. BC's confidence is based off of wins over Brown and
"Jim’s pick: This is a difficult game to pick because a part of me thinks that BC is playing the better hockey right now.." -USCHO
"Here's to Santini putting Eichel through the glass on Friday night."- BC Interruption
"I think we're going to beat BU. I think they're a good team that's nothing special -- just like the rest of the top 15. We looked great against them earlier in the year, and so we'll be playing with both a full squad and some confidence." -BC Interruption
5 Bold and Some not so Bold Predictions
1. Matt O'Connor will shutout BC- All year people have talked about how skilled the BC d core is. Meanwhile BU's and O'Connor are second in the league and have only allowed more than 3 goals once.
2. A BC player will take a dive during the game- As Jack Parker once said, "I know two schools teach it..BC and Maine". He isn't wrong. This will happen during the game. Hopefully the refs don't buy it.
3. The officiating won't determine the outcome of the game(so don't start whining BC fans)- BC fans love to whine about the officiating. Shutup and lose the hockey game with some dignity for once.
4. Jack Eichel will have multiple points in the game- No explanation required. The future Hobey winner is going to have a big night.
5. Demko will let in a soft goal- It isn't a BU BC game without this happening as of late. He let
Oh yeah and BU plays Lowell on Sunday.