Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Say It Ain't So Randy

Hey everyone, I know its been awhile but I think this story deserves a post from me. As reported by redd, the Pats traded Randy away for a 3rd round pick in the draft. This also tells me that the Pats are in a re-building phase. I expected a lot from the Pats this year. I expected as a Jet fan to finish in the Wild Card and the Pats winning the division. I am not selling my team short or anything, I just will always persume the division to go to the Pats until either the combo of Angry Bill and Metro Brady separate or the Jets win a Super Bowl, yeah I dont see any of that happening in the near future. But this trade changes everything. The Go To man on passing downs will be Welker but now he has to do deal with the opposing teams #1 DB. Welker has been putting incredible numbers but that was b/c the Pats and the 'fins at the time both had deep threats that the #1 DB was going for the big play. I will predict his numbers to dip. I dont see any of the other receivers as promising enough to be the big play guy. Yes, I know Brady is a god among men but common on man, you just have Welker. I just think this was horrible trade for the Pats. Yes they did get value for an expiring contract to get younger but in that draft that they got the pick for they already had 7 pick in the 1st 4 rounds. I think the Pats organizations should have paid the man his money. He deserves all of it, every cent. Yes he has not won a ring since coming to New England but he still has 3-5 years left in the tank and in those number of years you can will a SB. Dumb trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment