Monday, December 6, 2010
How do you like them apples Fatty? Pats trounce Jets 45-3
The Pats trounced the Jets tonight 45-3 down at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro in front of a national audience on ESPN. The Pats jumped out to an early 17-0 lead and never looked back. Mark Sanchez threw 3 picks while Tom Brady threw for 4 TDs while BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for two more to lead the way for the Pats. Danny Woodhead lead the receiving corps with 104 yards on 4 receptions. The Patriots improve to 10-2 and travel to Chicago(9-3) next week to take on the NFC North leading Bears. The Jets(9-3) host the Dolphins this coming week. The Pats played the best "60 minutes of the year" according to coach Belichick in his press conference. The Patriots certainly looked like the superior team in every aspect of the game tonight as the Patriots once again blew out an AFC rival on MNF as they beat Miami 42-14 earlier in the year. Brady won his 26th consecutive regular season home-game. The offensive line was great and this young defense stood strong when the Jets did get anything going offensively. Here are the winners losers from this week. No homo on the smiley face I just fuckin hate the Jets and won't stop smiling until next Sunday.
1. Tom Brady- 326 yards and 4 TDs is pretty good against one of the best defenses in the league right?
2. BenJarvus Green-Ellis- lead the team with 72 yards rushing and 2 TDs
3. Danny Woodhead- 4 catches for 104 yards and 2 rushes for 11 yards
4. Devin McCourty- another pick for the rookie CB out of Rutgers as he continues to grow into one of the best defensive backs in the league
5. Deion Branch- 3 catches for 64 yards and a TD for the Louisville product
6. Wes Welker- 8 catches for 70 yards and a TD as he continues to look better each week as he stil comes off that serious knee injury.
1. Fatty Rex Ryan- his team got demolished ten times than a box of twinkies in the Ryan household.
2. Mark Sanchez- 3 picks is just not good
3. The Jets- They suck