Sunday, April 17, 2011

Red Hot, Round 3




Stumbled across this today on the BU Men's Hockey page:

"BOSTON - Following the sold-out tradition of 2007 and 2009, Boston University Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics Mike Lynch and Cornell University's Meakem*Smith Director of Athletics and Physical Education Andy Noel announced today that Red Hot Hockey will once again heat up the ice at Madison Square Garden on November 26, 2011, as Boston University and Cornell resume an 86 year-old rivalry in a non-conference NCAA Division I men's ice hockey match-up."


WOW. I honestly did not know they even did this in 2007 and 2009. Both years saw a sold out Madison Square Garden, and BU and Cornell squared off against 18,200 fans. In 2007, fans in the stands included "members of the 1980 gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic hockey team Mike Eruzione, Jack O'Callahan and David Silk from Boston University". That is amazing. Imagine the power of Sections 108 and 118 yelling and screaming and losing their collective voice while the Terriers skate on the very ice that the likes of Mark Messier and Wayne Gretzky played on.

I applied to transfer to BU next year, but even if I don't go (which I'm hoping does NOT happen), I'm gonna try like hell to get there. MSG is home to my team of choice (who extended their postseason today in a thriller against Washington. If this blog had anything to do with NY sports, I'd have a full review up of the game haha), and I would kill to see my favorite college team play there.

Tickets can be purchased here
Full story can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment